gatadelafuente

Danielle's Reading Adventures

Reading is my favorite hobby, hands down. Books are love to me.  I am an avid collector, and paper books will always edge out e-books with me.

A Walk on the Wild Side

Fire And Ice - Anne Stuart

I finally finished my reread. It was taking too long! I'm glad I finally just gave in just read this straight through the past couple of days. I alternated between the Kindle version and my paperback, which is a little more beat up than it was when I started. Purses are not the best habitat for books, but what can a bookworm do?

My thoughts this time around:

*Reno, you are such a brat, and how I love you. You sexy thang! Why did it take you so long to admit you were crazy about Jilly. You were a goner from the beginning. I wish you could have refrained from putting your big cowboy boots in your mouth so much because you were trying to push her away.

*This book is really kind of chaotic at times. It's okay though. I liked the wild pace and the energy. It felt like an Ice book, but on speed.

*Jilly sure did have a potty mouth. I think it's a function of her age and trying to put on armor against the world. Her mother is an idiot, and her father is barely around. Other than her older sister, Summer, she practically raised herself.

*I thought the fist fight between Reno and Taka was hilarious. They really did act like family. It was funny how even Reno was scared of Taka. Taka is pretty scary, except maybe to Summer.

*I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Tokyo, but this book makes me feel like I did.

*I loved this book just as much. A wild, crazy love story. Complete escapism, with two people who are young, gorgeous, and in love. Sometimes that's exactly what I need to read.

Reno

Rain is definitely my Reno. He doesn't have the waist-length red hair, but it's not much of a stretch to see him with that look. Here's a picture of him after he cuts his hair and dyes it black.

Jilly

Romola Garai definitely reminds me of Jilly. In the book, she has brown eyes, but otherwise, she pulls of the rebellious, but innocent, and highly cerebral persona of Jilly very well.

Reno is a lethal weapon, I decided he would be a sai. Technically sais aren't sharp except on the tip. They are mostly a defensive weapon, but a sai is a nasty weapon in the right hands. Reno plays like he's feckless, but he's just as lethal as the other men of the Committee, and he's also Yakuza, which is a double whammy.

I needed this book right now!