gatadelafuente

Danielle's Reading Adventures

Reading is my favorite hobby, hands down. Books are love to me.  I am an avid collector, and paper books will always edge out e-books with me.

Bedded by the Warrior (Harlequin Historical, #950) - Denise Lynn I was a bit disappointed by this book. It was good, but not great. It never quite grabbed me. Let's put it this way, I decided I'd rather sleep on the planes than read it. I think it had great potential with a tortured hero and heroine, a heroine who was misunderstood and had a bad reputation, and was forced to wed a brutish, scary warrior. That could have been a great book. I tired of the back and forth, hormonal imbalances of the hero and heroine. The couldn't decide if they loved each other or hated each other. I really didn't feel there were great obstacles between them, so their bickering was mildly annoying. Maybe if the love scenes had been more passionate I would have accepted this better. I don't think love scenes have to be explicit, but the ones in this book was unnaturally lukewarm. I didn't really find the action scenes very exciting. Normally that is a part of medievals I really enjoy. Not necessarily a lot of blood and gore, but more showing and less telling. And since the hero was known to be a formidable warrior, I was expecting to be wowed by his prowess in the fight scenes. Also the cameos by King Henry and Queen Eleanor didn't really seem that vivid. Okay, I am quite the Medieval Romance Nerd, so my standards are a bit high, but I enjoy having the requisite, yet well-done cameo by a regal figure of the time. Although this is not the worst book I've read, but I have read much better medievals in the Harlequin Historical line, and one by this author. I think for the disgraced by their allegiance to the King/Queen, you should reach for The King's Mistress by Terri Brisbin before this one.