gatadelafuente

Danielle's Reading Adventures

Reading is my favorite hobby, hands down. Books are love to me.  I am an avid collector, and paper books will always edge out e-books with me.

The Mammoth Book of Haunted House Stories - I found this volume to be very good reading. Pretty much all of these stories were thrilling, and some were extremely scary, necessitating a brief break before I could continue reading. Some were more sad than anything, with spirits who had no where left to go, so they lingered on the earthly plane in a limbo. It took several months to finish reading this book, but this is the kind of book you read in sessions anyway. Definitely makes me glad that I live in a brand new house. One of my favorites was "The Whistling Room" by William Hope Hodgson. Highly recommended, although I strongly object to Stephen King's story "The Boogeyman" being considered as a haunting short story. That was a straight up monster. That story disturbed rather than scared me. The Gaston Leroux story "Letters of Fire" was very creepy, indeed.